Gerardo is a lawyer and accountant specialized in international tax law with more than 12 years of experience.
Gerardo has worked on various private equity projects in Europe, the United States and Mexico.
His professional experience includes advising on capital markets processes, from project structuring to securities placement, such as Capital Development Investment Funds (CKD), Real Estate Investment Funds (FIBRA) and Energy and Infrastructure Investment Funds (FIBRAs-E).
Gerardo is the author and co-author of several legal and tax articles in the magazines International Tax Review, Puntos Finos, among others; and is co-author of the book “Fibras inmobiliarias” published by Thomson Reuters.
In 2020, he received the “Amsterdam Centre for Tax Law Award” for achieving the highest GPA in the 2019-2020 class of the Advanced Master of International Tax Law taught by the University of Amsterdam in cooperation with the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD).
- Loyens & Loeff, Mexico (2020)
- Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez, Mexico (2016 - 2019, 2021)
- Muñoz Manzo y Ocampo, Mexcico (2013 - 2016)
- Chevez, Ruiz, Zamarripa, Mexico (2010 - 2013)
- University of Amsterdam in cooperation with the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD) (2020) - Advanced LLM in International Tax Law (cum laude).
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) (2014) - Bachelor's degree in Law (honorary degree).
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) (2014) - Bachelor's degree in Public Accounting (honorary degree).